Saturday, March 21, 2009

Morgan Lyn

At 5:05pm on Friday, March 20th, Morgan Lyn entered the world and joined our clan of girls. She was 7.15lbs and 20 inches long. She took longer to join our family then I expected but once the process truly began she was here so quickly that Brad almost missed the delivery.

So the short version...went in at 7am to be induced. Doctor checked me around 8:30am and said baby was still high and didn't want to break my water until the pitocin helped her to drop. An ultrasound was done, too to be sure she was still head down and everything looked okay. I was dilated to 3.5cm. So the waiting began. Our doctor got busy and was in the OR on three occasions so he checked in on me less then I desired. Around 1:00 he checked again and said that she was down but so was her arm and it was in the way. His preference was to wait an hour again and see if she moved on her own. So we continued to wait. Throughout the entire day the nursing staff (I say staff because over 5 women came into the room and assisted at various points) had a hard time keeping the heart rate monitor on the baby. Nurse after nurse seemed surprised at how difficult it was to find the heartbeat.

Finally around 4:00 the doctor broke my water and predicted that I would dialate from 5-10cm in the next 30 minutes so he was calling for my epidural and that when it was time to push it would be 5 minutes and 3 pushes. He was correct. I had insisted that Brad go get a snack and something to drink around 4:50. He said he was fine several times but I insisted. Just want to make that clear. When the doctor came in my room just before 5:00 he said it was time for me to push three times and we were going to have a baby. I panicked since Brad was still gone. I tried his cell phone and heard it ring in our room. A nurse asked his name and she ran to look. I was told to push but barely tried. The doctor looked at me and asked if I remembered how to push. I wasn't trying very hard since Brad was gone and I was panicking. Just then he ran into the room and came to my side for the next two minutes of two pushes and a baby girl being born. After the long day the birth was over in seconds.

Meet Morgan Lyn Hall...the "money shot" our doctor called it...


Only seconds old...
She is the exact same weight as both Mckenna and Brooke...7.15! She is also the same length as Brooke at 20 inches and looks like a mix between Brooke and Mckenna's newborn pictures.

All four girls have had a lot of hair. Brooke's was the darkest and Morgan's is the second darkest. I don't think she'll be nearly as dark as Brooke because she has a lot of blond around the edges of her hair and little to no eyebrows and light eyelashes. Her eyes are blue.

So tiny next to Daddy's hands.
Just as he predicted so many years ago...4 daughters. Completely outnumbered by girls but so in love with each of them.
Big Sister #1, Big Sister #2, Big Sister #3 waiting to meet Little Sister #4...
The girls had waited all day. I had thought they would be meeting her sometime in the late afternoon...not at 7:45pm just before heading home to go to bed. I couldn't make them wait all night so Nana ran them up to the hospital to meet her before bedtime.
We're buying stock in tampons already...
Brooke has lost her "baby" status in our house but seems genuinely excited to have a little sister and has passed the torch without much protest.
I'll have to post Mckenna's baby pictures...this is who I see the most resemblance, too.
Two jr. mother's in training...
Baileigh is ready to baby-sit. She will be such a help...right now they are all a little too helpful since they are infatuated with their sister.
Sleeping peacefully after being worn out meeting her family.
I was so ready to go home this time around. I've always stayed the two days and enjoyed the break in a sense...it was a lot different with the girls at home this time. I just wanted to get back to them and let them see their sister. I also wanted my own bed and felt completely capable at home and just felt like a prisoner in my room. As soon as we hit the 24 hour mark we were cleared to leave since both Morgan and myself had met all the criteria necessary for discharge.

My room had a door that went out to a private courtyard that only 5 other maternity rooms had access to and there were a few benches and a fountain. It was the perfect spot to get some fresh air and take a few pictures before heading home.
Our family...
So we're home and healthy and happy. Morgan did pretty well her first night. She is a little frustrated with mommy as I'm not able to feed her enough yet. She took a 2 ounce bottle of formula from Brad yesterday and did pretty well with that as well as nursing throughout the night. It's crazy how we've been home only 24 hours and she feels like she has already been a part of our family. We haven't started any routine's yet so we'll have to make all those adjustments in the weeks to come but we'll cross those bridges.

15 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Okay...you look amazing~
Sitting on a bench like you have had her for months...ConGRATS!
Sandy toe
p.s. after a c-section that would have to roll me down to the EXIT and dump me out b/c I didn't want to leave..smile.

Karen said...

Hi, I just found your blog on the 20th and have been checking back to see what you had. I have 3 girls, 13, 12 and 7. I guessed you'd have another girl:) Congratulations! I love having all girls but boy the hormones are getting nuts in our house!

molly said...

Congrats Melynie!!! She's precious! I just LOVE newborns!!!

By the way, I'm a little jealous of all your "help" at home! :)

Jodi said...

Congratulations you guys! How sweet...

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Where did you find those super cute shirts?! How perfect for meeting their new sister! I'm so glad you're home and everything is going well. Thanks for the always making me laugh (aka the tampon joke). I guess we'll save some money there! ;)

I'm so glad Brad made it back for the delivery. My heart was pounding just thinking about it! Phew!

Traci said...

Congratulations!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Congratulations! I have three boys-I can't imagine my opposite! And blessed with a fourth girl-what a blessing!

Melodie said...

A gorgeous family!! 4 girls will be awesome..they will have so much fun together. Congrats!

Tylertopia said...

Awww, congrats! So precious! The photos of the girls meeting their baby sister are priceless. Glad you are all at home together and doing well. I think it is so awesome that Brad predicted 4 girls so many years ago, and now it has come true! :o) We are so very happy for you guys!!

lovin' life said...

I loved reading this post. The photos are fantastic. Funny how one of your first photos of Morgan is time-stamped with our new president on the t.v. in the background.
The shirts were a fun idea. You look great. And Morgan is a beauty. Congrats my dear friend.

Kathy said...

Fun to see all of this on your facebook and your blog!!! So excited for you and loved the tampons comment. Hilarious. You look great and you all look very happy to have little Morgan! She's a doll and just perfect. Congratulations!!! Seems like I was just visiting you in the hospital when you had Brooke (sniff, sniff). Miss you guys.

Hausfrau said...

I still get emotionally overwhelmed when I look at your photos. Congrats to you all. She really is a baby doll.

A

Double A's Mom said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love the name you picked!!

the girls' moma said...

Congratulations, again. The pictures of the girls meeting Morgan are overwhelming. Get some sleep if you can... we're all out here cheering you on!

Erin said...

Congratulations! (I'm catching up on your blog through Mix'd Equally) You have four beautiful girls! I think it's your 2nd youngest who is close in age to my youngest (born 2/17/06). Anyway, the name Morgan caught my eye so I read her birth story/announcement. How funny that my sister-in-law is named Morgan Lyn, spelled the exact same way! Your Morgan is beautiful; enjoy your time getting to know her.