Thursday, March 19, 2009

Labor Day!!

So while most of you are marking the first day of spring tomorrow, it will be labor day around here! I feel like I've been pregnant for years, yet at the same time tomorrow seems to have snuck up on me! I recently heard it said by a bull rider that you're never ready to ride the bull, it's just your turn (I think that was Jewel's husband on Dancing With The Stars referring to it being his turn to dance...I don't tend to listen to a lot of bull riders otherwise). That is a little how I feel...I'm not sure if any woman is really truly ready for the birth process...but the time comes and the desire is definitly there to be past this stage!

I was telling Brad that when I think back to our wedding I wish I could do it all over again. Initially this statement didn't go over well...then I explained that I would still marry him and have the same wedding, I just realize now that if I had been less concerned with details and less distracted by truly insignificant things I would have been able to focus on the more important things and relax and enjoy myself even more. So with that said...this is my fourth opportunity to experience childbirth (and final) and I've been working hard to not be stressed by the details leading up to it or distracted by the insignificant things. I think it's a lot harder to do this when you're a first time mom and you want the nursery perfect, the swing assembled, the whatever it is...you know what I mean if you've been there and done that a few times. We're ready to love this baby and take care of it...we're not ready in the sense that the room isn't done and the miscellaneous things aren't taken care of. But I'm pretty certain that the baby will never know and that we'll get there eventually. Man, I never would have said these things eight years ago when I was pregnant for the first time. I already see and understand how birth order effects the kid's personalities...it's not just where they fall in the line up, I think it is primarily how the parents raise them differently with time and experience.

The girls are so excited to meet their new sister or brother and that is a fun and new aspect to this pregnancy compared to the previous three when they were all too young to really seem to comprehend everything taking place. Brooke already seems big to me considering she is three and Baileigh was 21 months old when Mckenna was born and Mckenna was 30 months when Brooke was born. She is little miss independent and that will actually be really nice considering I'll probably have my hands full enough.

I'm almost dilated to 4cm already...but the pitocin and epidural tomorrow will slow me down at first. I've been induced all three times now. Baileigh was an incredibly long delivery and had some minor issues, but Mckenna took four hours and Brooke took six hours. So my goal is by 1:00pm tomorrow at the latest.

I'll be able to post something while I'm there since the rooms are wireless and I'm taking my laptop. I figured it would be a good use of my time at 3a.m when I'm up with the baby...so check back in soon and you may meet our fourth girl or our first boy! Thanks for all your well wishes, prayers and support.

15 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...how fun and exciting!!

I will say a little prayer for you and looking forward to a "blue" post or "pink" post~
sandy toe

Chelle said...

Whooppee! praying for a safe, quick, delivery!!

Keven & Alicia said...

I can't wait to find out what you have! God bless tomorrow...I'll be praying!

Jamie said...

I'll be praying for you all tomorrow. Can't wait to hear of the new little ones arrival:)

Abundant Joy said...

We will be praying. My mom thinks it is a boy. Hope all goes well.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I'm SO excited for you! Cherish all those first newborn moments... what amazing memories you will make together as a family. Good luck!

lovin' life said...

I am sorry that we didn't get to talk earlier this week. Now that you are going to be a mommy of four, it may be months before you are ready for a phone conversation between helping with homework and nursing! Congrats! I can hardly wait to find out what the gender is!

Melodie said...

I pray all goes well and you can truly enjoy this last but sweet birth! Can't wait to hear the sex of the baby and the name!!

Triple Trouble said...

Thinking of you all day today...praying for a quick, smooth delivery!! Can't wait to find out.

Donna said...

I am praying for you. Hold tight to all of the memories and cherish the joy of it all.

Amanda Greene said...

i have checked facebook a few times wondering how you are doing...enjoy these precious moments w/ the a new miracle. Can't wait to hear! :)

Hausfrau said...

We are holding our breath! Can't wait for the post!

Love from B, A, A and C!!!

Kathy said...

Awaiting your post!!! So excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I can't wait to talk to you soon!!!!She is beautiful!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I can't wait to talk to you soon!!!!She is beautiful!

Sherry