Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lucky Girl

I want to take a minute and deviate away from my typical post material (whatever that is) and talk about my husband.

First...and this is a side note and words that I thought I would never type...he has a blog that you should check out. It's very different from mine, but very him...meaning thought provoking, political and contemplative. So take a second to check it out and let him know he actually had someone visit his blog...I think he is jealous! :)

Before I digress, I have been watching my hubby a lot lately. I don't know if that sounds strange...but I have had a lot of moments this past week where I find myself observing this man that I've committed to spending the rest of my life with. I've watched him overcome his frustrations and challenges as he tackles projects around the house. I got to have lunch with him at work on Tuesday and watched him interact with his coworkers and observe him in his "professional" environment. I watched and listened to him at church while we worshiped together. I've watched him fulfilling one of his most natural roles as a Daddy while he plays with the girls and reads them books. I've watched him as he talks to my tummy in anticipation of meeting our next child.

I've watched him. And I've been reminded that I'm a lucky girl.

Truly, I know I'm blessed, not just lucky...but I'm being thematic with the song you're hearing on my playlist. Lucky, blessed, fortunate etc...I'm all those things. As our family prepares for a week that will forever change our lives I am thankful to be in love with my best friend. Life has felt chaotic and stressful lately as we have a lot on our plate in addition to anticipating the events of the next few weeks and I doubt I would still be functioning if it weren't for the man who stands beside me and supports me 110%. I never thought my life would look like this...the military part, the three girls...maybe four, the constant moving...but I did always pray to be married to a Godly man that I could call more then my husband but also my best friend.

I'm a lucky girl.

6 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I have the exact same song on my blog, and did a similar post a month or so ago. I also believe I am BLESSED-but lucky is a great word in this song!!! Love your post, and your attitude on life, and I adore that song-our kids hear my husband singing it to me, and they all go, UGH! not that song again-but it makes us smile...

Shell in your Pocket said...

Lucky...no...blessed YES!! What a wonderful tribute to your husband and your friend...

Tylertopia said...

What a sweet tribute! :o)

Amy said...

Thanks for this! Glad you guys are doing well and savoring moments together. Are you scheduled for induction this time? I didn't know if that had changed or not. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your sweet family! Thanks for your encouraging words!

Triple Trouble said...

Thanks, I think I needed that. I feel the same way about Tim but let myself lose sight of it when he works so much. I forget to be thankful that at least he's just downstairs in the home office and not across the ocean. I read your blog to keep up with my family but even if we weren't I'd still read it because you have such a way with words. You're very inspirational. Thank you.

Kathy said...

OK, great to read about Brad, but hilarious... a long while back, gosh... not even sure when. I think Brad commented on my blog. I had NO clue who the heck he was, or how he found us. And obviously, his profile tells nothing about him! Itaintaboutme... freaked me out temporarily. Now I know it's this man you love! :) Mystery solved. Thanks, Melynie! Glad you guys are doing so well and can look forward to adding to your bundle soon. :)