Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bunk Beds!

The girl's got new bunk beds yesterday. This is one big step towards getting the rooms all rearranged and situated before so we can set up a nursery this weekend. All three girls have had their own room since we moved into this house in August, but now Baileigh and Mckenna will share while Brooke and the baby have their own rooms. The first few nights with bunks haven't gone extremely smoothly, but we anticipated that the excitement would effect the normal bedtime routine. Hopefully the novelty will wear off and their good sleep patterns will return.

Baileigh was excited to get the top bunk but Mckenna didn't complain about the bottom since it's a bigger bed and she thinks it's like being in a fort. Now that we have the furniture there is more decorating I want to do...I have wooden letters that hang from ribbons that spell their names and I need to decide where to hang them. I also saw these cute flower lights that mount on the wall from IKEA that I think we'll put up on the wall above Baileigh's bunk. Between this room, the bathroom remodel, the nursery set up etc. I could nest for the next year!
Since this is a bedroom set we anticipate using for the next ten years we also got the girls a desk. I look at Baileigh now with her first grade worksheets and think about her sitting there someday with her laptop and textbooks spread open working on an assignment with a picture of her boyfriend on the corkboard. I'm sure that day will be here before I know it...
The first bedtime. Brooke didn't want to be left out of reading time so she crawled in bed with Mckenna and Daddy. Baileigh wanted to do her own reading up top. I like everything about the bunks except that it is harder to cuddle with Baileigh unless I make her crawl down on Mckenna's bed.
My big girl...reading alone since she doesn't need our help anymore.




6 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

OKAY>>>Totally crazy! We have the SAME BEDS...SAmE DESK WITH BULLETIN...SAME COMFORTER....CRAZY!
sandy toe

Amy said...

Love their beds and comforters! Those bunks are beautiful! What fun! Hope you are feeling better!

Royal Cuties said...

looks terrific!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love it!-I am your opposite-I have three boys, with bunk beds...
they love it. It is so hard to make the top bunk and change the sheets, though-UGH!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I remember when Jacob and Gavin were first in the same room together and it was a rough couple of nights. But you told me the novelty would soon wear off... and thankfully, it did. Hope it does for your girls too!

Anonymous said...

We still love out bunk beds as well but Ruby Red Slippers is so right about changing the sheets. Now that they are getting older, I make them help. The bunk beds are great for sleepovers too. The room looks great. Can't wait to see the nursery.

Stephanie