Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa 2009

So much debate these days over whether you "do Santa"...I seriously never remember these discussions in my youth, but perhaps because I was a kid. Since Baileigh is an occasional reader of this blog, I won't digress...but I seriously think there are many people today that transitioned into adulthood without deep scars from visits to see Santa.

Waiting in line...Morgan with her big sister.
I love her look (always)...kinda like "um, mom...who is this big guy in the red suit and what are we doing here?"
Another look, still not sure what we're doing.
Listening to her sisters with their requests...which were NEW...and its December 22 and we're done shopping. Ahem.
This Santa is amazing...this is our second year visiting Santa at this location and he is gentle and kind with a jolly voice...well of course, he is Santa. Perhaps there are locations with better displays, but I appreciate that he spends a lot of time telling the girls how important it is to have sisters and be kind to one another and to love each other and share their toys. He even elaborates and talks to Baileigh about how special it is to be a big sister and what an important responsibility she has...and to Mckenna and Brooke he talked to them about helping mommy with their little sister and to help out as much as possible at home. Oh Santa...if only I could take you home and have you sit in our big chair in the living room and you could give my girls these talks every day and then monitor their behavior. Life would be wonderful!
The whole gang...if you buy one of their pictures then they let you take a few "talking" shots despite all the signs that say "no personal cameras". All 3 have fresh haircuts...this is the first time in their lives that Mckenna's hair is longer then Baileigh's hair!
I'm very proud of myself for thinking of getting a picture of Morgan alone with Santa since its her first Christmas and I have similar pictures with her sisters. Now, if I ever do anything with it in a scrapbook is another story.

3 comments:

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Seriously... I am so impressed with what a great picture you got of all four girls! :)

Traci said...

That is the best picture of santa with the four girls that I have ever seen! love it.

jess e. said...

a friend of mine took her kids to the mall to see santa. her first grader started crying and getting really upset once they got there. when asked why he said, 'mom, he watches me while i am sleeping'!