Friday, May 18, 2012

An Opportunity to Command...

Yesterday was a special day for our family...Brad took command of the 48th Flying Training Squadron Possum Town Alleycats at Columbus Air Force Base, MS.   This is a phenomenal opportunity for Brad and a real honor.   I'm so proud of him and I know he'll do a great job in this role.  I inherit some of my own responsibilities as a Commander's spouse.   I'm fortunate to be in the midst of a great group of spouses that have things running well already.

The ceremony itself was very patriotic and a neat experience for the girls to witness...
The actual handing over of command to Brad...
Addressing the airman of the 48th...
Making his welcoming remarks...
Afterwards in a reception line...the girls did a great job with the entire morning
Pretty fun to have daddy's name on a plane...
It was nice that Grandma and Grandpa and Nana were able to attend
A new favorite picture...
Another picture I like a lot...

What is there to say about this...4 cute girls in red white and blue sitting on the wing of daddy's plane...it speaks for itself.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What an awesome experience! Congrats to the whole family on this occasion. (And you look GREAT, girl!)

Hausfrau said...

Brad, I'm so proud of you. Wish I could have been there. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Hausfrau said...

OK...that last comment was from Brandon :) Although I am proud of you too :) :) Melynie...you forgot to include the part about
the program! - Angie