Saturday, May 05, 2012

Finding Our Niche

It is hard to believe that Mississippi has only been home for less than 5 months! I suppose I should find this fact encouraging as I think about how adjusted life feels in that short amount of time. I already have several junk drawers in the kitchen...isn't that a sign of having lived somewhere awhile?    

The girls are growing up too fast! Baileigh is ten in a half and 5 feet tall. I think by fifth grade I'll be looking her in the eye. Mckenna is 8 and still keeping things exciting! She has started guitar lessons and is still hoping we can figure out how to work gymnastics back into her life (closest gym is in a town 45 minutes away). Brooke is finally starting to read and I'm hoping that she doesn't regress this summer. Morgan,despite being three, keeps up with her older sister's schedule and pace. She is a roller coaster...more highs than lows thankfully.

A highlight to this move to MS is that the girls have been able to attend a small private Christian school. It is SO much like my school growing up that I attended K-12! It's crazy for me to think about the fact that I spent 13 years in one school and my ten year old is already on her third school in fourth grade (and it would be her fourth if I hadn't home schooled briefly this past fall!). The tight knit community and small environment of their school have been a good fit for the girls...instead of being eaten alive in a big pool they have quickly gained acceptance and have each seemed to find their own niche.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Adjusted is awesome! I always say it takes 18 months before a new place is home. What a blessing to have it happen so quickly and so seamlessly.

Chelle said...

Welcome back! Your girls are so beautiful, and glad you all are settling in.

Lea Shell said...

Your blog looks awesome! Also: we are so glad to have you! I owe you some horror stories on your patio (when it's not thundering like crazy outside).