Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Through the eyes of a 9 year old...

Recently someone had the great idea of suggesting that I let my daughters write on this blog occassionally. It instantly brought to mind a "book" that Baileigh began to write as Brad's deployment approached. She gave me her blessing to share this with you...I'm typing it as it, no editing.

"A Book for Christian Kids with Deployed Parents." by Baileigh M. Hall

Are you going to have a parent deploy? Or do you already have a parent that is deployed? Well I know how you feel. I am only nine years old right now but I bet I could understand you and your feelings. You see my dad has gone away before for four months, and in a few days he will go away for six months. This is a great book for Christian kids with deployed parents. So read and enjoy!

The day after your mom or dad left did you feel like a chunk of your heart fell off, or you have a huge hole in your heart? Well that is how I felt when my dad left. And even before my dad left. Because, to me my dad is my hero. I want to be just like him when I grow up. He is determined and he always tells me you can do anything. He runs marathons just to prove to me and my sisters you can do anything as long as you keep to it and don't give up. I didn't relize then that God gave us a free contrey. And since he gave us a free contrey we sacerfice for that. And our sacerfice is letting our parents deploy so they an keep our contrey free and safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB, Baileigh!!! I love how you show and share your heart! Keep up the good work on your book, and it will help to pass the deployment time, plus... It will be a treasured keepsake for everyone to read when you're done and Dad is back home. Daddy will be very proud of it--and YOU, just as I am. ((hugs!)) LOVE YOU, Nana

LDraper said...

Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your daughter's heart.

The Milne Family said...

Oh the blessed words of a child! Thanks for sharing that with us, Melynie and Baleigh!
:) Julie MIlne

Anonymous said...

That is one special girl. I can't wait to read the final product.

Sherry

Abundant Joy said...

So proud of you!!! Keep up the good work!!! Love you all!!!