Sunday, February 06, 2011

Our New Normal...

Nearly 5 years ago this blog was created as a means to keep Brad connected to his family despite being deployed to Kyrgyzstan. Since then the family has grown, the assignment has changed, the location is new, technology has evolved...however, this blog still exists and is being used once again as a way to document our journey as we're faced with the challenges of another deployment.

My consistency with this blog has waned throughout the years. Facebook, although phenomenal for keeping in touch, has been detrimental to the blogging world, myself included. My personal intent for ever starting a blog was as a means to document our journey for our children. At times it has served as an outlet for my thoughts. More often it has recently documented the various milestones my girls achieve. But in its infancy it was a source of comfort to me as it enabled me to have conversations that may have never occurred in any other forum.

I decided that as I figure out our new normal in Brad's absence it was time for a new look and a renewed commitment to this blog. Thank you so much to my friend Heather for her design work! I used to be motivated to write as I knew there was an audience reading. I now have no idea how many still follow or read but I'm now motivated by my girls. They are old enough to read and we have spent hours on the couch reading portions of my blog that I have already published. They love it and have asked me to write more...and so the journey continues.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh wow - the fact that you said your girls can now read it... I have not really even shown ours to our kids! Huh. I'll have to do that. Love your new look... a cool tribute to Brad who is currently far away in service. Love to you and the girls. Enjoy your day...

Chelle said...

I LOVE the new look! And although I don't always comment, I do completely enjoy reading your blog and about your sweet family.

Jana said...

I have been following since its inception and enjoy keeping up with your family. Megan and Lauren would love to come help with the girls, if you need a break or some help this summer. Just let us know!!

The Milne Family said...

Thanks for writing! I love the new look! I look forward to following your blog. Consider letting your girls even write a few posts every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Love the new Blog!!! Keeping all of your family in my prayers. Miss Ya!

Sherry

Shelly said...

Love your blog, love you! Your girls have the most amazing example in you.

The View From My Porch said...

I read! Look forward to keeping in touch via each others blogs. Also, love the new look!

Jamie said...

I love the new look....am praying for you all...and reading right along with you!

Traci said...

I'm here too! Looking forward to seeing you and your girls in a few weeks!

Amy said...

Love your new look! Always love to read about your life! Thanks for sharing it with us! Do your kids look up your blog at school and show their friends and teacher? Praying for all of you!