Friday, November 20, 2009

Care to Comment?

I remember the day when I laughed at bloggers who said they didn't have anything to write about! I never imagined I would eventually have similar feelings. The irony is that I'm busier then ever, yet I have less to say. Let me rephrase that...I think I just have less energy to say it, less time to write it, and less ability to make it all into a coherent thought.

Here is my other issue...I feel like I blog less because people comment less. This is a little like "which came first, the chicken or the egg?". That said, I never started blogging for comments. But the feedback, thoughts, encouragement is nice. Plus its motivating to know that my voice is being heard and someone is reading and considering my thoughts or sharing in my adventures. I know you're still out there...I can see my counter and apparently there are still 30-40 of you consistently checking in on my daily chaos. Some of you have questioned me on my lack of blogging, to which I probably questioned you in return to your lack of commenting!?

The original purpose behind this blog was a way to share my own thoughts truly with myself...in hopes that one day I would publish this blog and have it as a journal of sorts to pass on to the girls. It is also a great way to give family and friends a glimpse into the girl's lives despite being miles away. So...since it still serves that purpose, I will continue.

But please...don't complain that I don't post enough...unless you leave the complaint in comment form. Then its acceptable.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! Just commenting to let you know I'm still reading and in serious awe of how much you are doing with four! You are amazing! Thanks for sharing about your life with all of us!

Heidi said...

I think that is exactly how alot of us are feeling right now. Very well said!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I know what you mean for sure. You put so much into the writing and it really does mean a lot when people comment. I know I'm always disappointed if there aren't many comments on my blog. I read yours all the time!

Chelle said...

The pictures you post alone are worth keeping this blog going. Your girls are so cute, and the youngest? Oh my word, what expressions!!!!

we're in the process of moving to a different state, so I haven't been commenting anywhere...sorry.

Anonymous said...

If you had a good husband who hired you a maid, nannie and did his own laundry then you'd have more time to blog...j.k. sweetie, I know how you feel same reason my last post is from August. Hang in there I still love showing it to the guys at work. Love you Brad

Jo said...

I just stumbled upon your blog ~ very fun!

Love your previous post!

I know what you mean. I've noticed that some blogs are responding to their comments on their own blogs rather than going to the one that left the comment ~ does that make sense? Kinda takes the fun out of it in my opinion.

Hope you have a great weekend ~
Jo

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. :)

Sherry

Shell in your Pocket said...

I think the more readers you get...the less comments on a daily basis until you do a giveaway or something....
that has been my experience~

sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I feel guilty for enjoying your blog on a regular basis and never commenting. I especially enjoyed your most recent photo's of the wagon ride. You are making great use of that new camera you acquired.
Thanks for letting me share in your family's life, even though I am all the way across the country, and thanks for all the effort you put into making it happen.
Love from your Dad.
PS Happy Thanksgiving

Lisa said...

I've been a reader for quite some time now & love following your "adventures!" I haven't commented in a long time, though (sorry!) We're also a military family, so we have much in common. I made my blog private awhile ago (not sure if you used to read it or not) but I'd love to have you follow along on our adventures as well! E-mail me (lisafoerter@hotmail.com) with your e-mail address so I can add you to the "approved" list.

Traci said...

I'm feeling the same way. Glad you spent the time to articulate it for me :)

I'm still here.

Anonymous said...

I remain a regular reader and love the pictures. My girls love to look at the pictures of their friends from the "old house".

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Me too! I love your blog and enjoy seeing what sort of mayhem you and yours are enjoying. I wish I had captured memories such as this when my kids were small. Sigh, they will only have an old shoe box of uncategorized photos and the remnanats of my fading memory of it all as I retell them their life stories from my personal perspective. It's okay to blog infrequently, but keep up the great work...you have a great family and a wonderful writing "voice"!