Sunday, July 27, 2008

Homecoming

Despite all the signs being there for the past few weeks...I was still surprised and overcome with sadness to read of the death of Leslie. I never had the privilege of knowing this fellow Taylor alumni, but after being told of the blog that was created in her honor I began to follow her journey.

I was so anxious to see God perform a miracle in her life. It's so hard for my little brain to comprehend why he would decide to do anything outside of healing her body and restoring her so she could resume her roles as wife and mother to her two year old son. I will wrestle with the "why" question in my mind but in my heart I will cling to the fact that God doesn't have plan B's and that this wasn't outside of his will and that he indeed has a plan bigger and better then my comprehension...and it includes Leslie's complete healing in Heaven and not on earth.

3 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Amen Melynie. I followed their journey and just saw the news as well. I'm so heart broken for Tyson and TJ right now, but as you said so perfectly...My brain wrestles with the "why" while my heart clings to the fact that it was God's will and that Leslie is no longer struggling with cancer and pain. Their time together was amazing and full of faith, love and strength. I imagine there were many people who were led to Christ through this precious family.

It is wonderful that you continued to post updates here regarding Leslie. It was your original post about them that led me to their blog...thank you! I am honored to have been given the opportunity to follow their journey and to continue praying for them.

Abundant Joy said...

Amen, and thank you for telling us about Leslie.

Jodi said...

So well-worded, Melynie.... I went to bed in tears last night, and I'm still tearing up throughout the day today. It's amazing how people can get to know each other through the blogosphere....