Sunday, October 04, 2009

Army 10 Miler

We were up early this morning and on the metro headed to the Pentagon to cheer on Daddy who was running the Army 10 Miler. The girls love riding "the train".
Brad finished in 1 hour and 25 minutes...average 8 minutes and 28 seconds a mile. He was pleased with his pace and said it was a good run, despite the crowd of 30,000 running with him and the fact that he was actually bumped a lot on the run.
Afterwards the girls ran in a kid's fun run and got their own medals, too! Next week they have a run at their school...Mckenna will be running a mile with me and Brad and Baileigh are running a 5k so this was a little practice for Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them crossing the finish line because as I mentioned...there were 30,000 people at this race and it was insanely crowded...I'm just glad we managed to connect with Brad who didn't have a cell phone. What did we meet up with someone before cell phones!!!
My tired runners waiting on the blue line metro.
We've had a fun but hectic few days...I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

1 comment:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Such cute pictures!
sandy toe