Thursday, June 10, 2010

ER vist

I realize I've been doing a poor job updating my blog. My hopes are to eventually publish my blog posts so I have a journal of sorts that the girls can look through some day. So, with that in mind...I decided to go back and post an event that occurred over Memorial Day weekend.

Morgan developed a cough over the weekend, and then eventually a fever. Her breathing seemed very labored and she just seemed pretty miserable in general. On Sunday morning Brad went to the air and space museum with out of town friends that were staying with us so I decided to take her to the doctor instead of going to the museum. The only option was the ER since it was a Sunday morning. I decided to drive to Fort Belvoir in hopes that their ER would be less busy then the one in our community...it was a good call! We were seen quickly and after an exam they said that she had croup.

Here she is, waiting on doctor...tired and scared she is hiding behind her favorite blankie.
The breathing treatment was 20 LONG minutes...it wasn't painful in any way for her but she screamed and thrashed around while the nurse tried to hold the oxygen mask over her face. After 20 minutes we were both exhausted and sweaty...here is the result!
I didn't look much different...and a nap would have been nice! She finished up the last few minutes of her breathing treatment asleep...look at her sweaty head!
This wasn't anything too serious....but just looking at her in the hospital bed and in this environment made me think about how blessed we are to have healthy kids and how if I never visit the ER with any of my kids again it will be too soon!

1 comment:

bondgirl said...

Sorry you had to go thru all that...but she did it with such style! The coordinated binky with the outfit ... LOVE IT!