Sunday, April 04, 2010

Girl's Weekend

Last week I hit the road with the girls and we drove the 8.5 hours to MI for some quick fun with friends! Brad wasn't able to get the time off of work so it literally became a girl's weekend! Here are a few pictures from our busy 4 days...we got to spend a night with my 'sister', Tricia and her family...here is Joe and Elizabeth with my girls.
It was a cool weekend but we played outside anyway.
Joe and Mckenna...hula hoop races.
I love the big hair in this picture...
All the outside play wore the kids out and they were all very cooperative when it was movie time!
On Sunday I went to my 'old' church...surreal to see a lot of familiar faces, especially in the facebook era. Afterwards we all went to my girlfriend Shelly's house for lunch and some playtime. Our group has gotten pretty big over the years! Elizabeth is the only girl when Trish and Shelly get together...then my 4 make the girl outnumber the boys!
The girls...
Visiting with Nana...
It was an extremely busy 4 days and a long drive home for me...but the girls did great, making only 1 stop for lunch on each trip! We missed Daddy (especially during the drive!) and were anxious to get home, but it was awesome to spend some time with my friends. I'm so blessed to have girlfriends who have been in my life since I was 5! I'm glad my girls have each other because they may not have the same luxury of growing up with life long friends considering we're in the military...but they will always have each other.

No comments: