Monday, February 01, 2010

Adolescence?

The past few weeks it seems like Brooke isn't 3 soon going on 4...rather 3 going on 13! She suddenly has a fierce independent streak that includes wanting to pick everything she wears, her accessories and how her hair is styled...which usually means about 5 barrettes. I've tried to ignore a lot of it but a tank top and shorts to play outside in 21 degree temperatures has to be addressed! She was so stubborn that she chose to pout and not go outside.

I told her to get ready to go today and this is how she appeared. To top it off she said, "I'm a rock star mommy!" Earlier in the day she appeared sporting her new lip gloss that our friend gave her at lunch. "Can you tell I put on my make-up Mommy?" Ummm...not really?!

3 comments:

The View From My Porch said...

LOVE it! She is such a little you.
~ali

Royal Cuties said...

hmmm, sounds like somebody else I know - her 5 going on 17 year old friend?

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

That is hilarious. Jay's the same way. That stubborn streak and suddenly wanting Moma to be a short-order hairstylist. In fact, just the other day I think she had 7 barrettes in her hair!

Can't wait to get them together again someday -- oh wait, that might not be such a good idea... ;)